Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Cookies


Nick arrived yesterday! Its good to just look at his face, and get caught up on his life. It got me in a more Christmasy mood, and I decided to bake a few cookies this morning! First, I tried a Betty Crocker Gingerbread Cookie mix....I love gingerbread cookies, but I'm about the only one in the house that does. So, I didn't want to spend a ton of money and time on a batch. I thought I'd give the mix a try. It actually turned out very good! Next, I pulled out a recipe that I tore out of a magazine about 35 years ago....Lemon Whippersnaps. I hadn't made them in quite a while, and had forgotten how good they are! Plus, they are SUPER EASY!! Heres the recipe for a last minute cookie treat:
LEMON WHIPPERSNAPS
Pre-heat oven to 325 deg.
1 pkg. Lemon cake mix (17.25 oz.)
2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed (4.5 oz. carton)
1 egg
1/2 cup powdered sugar, in a small bowl
Spray cookie sheets with Pam. Combine cake mix, whipped topping, and egg in large bowl. Stir until well blended (it will be very thick). Using a teaspoon, scoop up a spoonful and drop into the powdered sugar. Roll it around until coated. Place on cookie sheets about 2" apart. Bake about 10 min., just until light golden brown.
I started cutting strips for a quilt I plan on working on when I visit my sister in a couple weeks. I'm looking forward to that visit, catching up with and spending time with everyone....especially little Baby Ben!

5 comments:

  1. Ok, now I have two of your recipes I want to try. The taco soup might be good when you come, so we dont have to cook, just set on a pot of soup and eat when we are hungry. Im glad you have a project to bring.

    Check out my new guestbook on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you will take and post lots of Pics with Nick! Enjoy your visit with your Sailor...Lots of em are still stuck around the country in airports...this weather sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these last night! Yummy! Easy, pretty and very tasty! I wonder how they would taste with other flavors of cake mix, like spice, or chocolate??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have made them with chocolate cake mix, and they were good, too!

    ReplyDelete

ENGLISH ONLY!! All others will be deleted.