Tuesday, January 20, 2009

AN EXCITING DAY!

I'm not one to get into big political discussions, but I'm very excited today! This is the first time in my adult life that I'm very happy and excited for the person about to take the oath of office as the President of the United States. All I can do for him is keep him in my thoughts, and hope that he will be able to accomplish the tasks before him. Our youngest son is in the Navy, stationed in Washington DC, and volunteered to be a part of todays events. As I write this, he is all bundled up (I hope!) and is lined up along the Presidential Parade route, along with many other military personel. He's only 20 years old, so I don't know if he realizes the momentous occasion he's taking a small part in. I told him to just take it all in, because someday soon he'll be proud to say he was there.


3 comments:

  1. Kris, Im hoping to see Nick! I know its so cold there, but hopefully the excitement is keeping him warm. this is a historical day...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful story! I'm jealous that your son gets to be there...I bet the air is just filled with excitement! Hopefully he's bundled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful picture, especially now that I know when it was taken. You have a very goodlooking son, and so young! I hope he remembers this event for the rest of his life.

    ReplyDelete

ENGLISH ONLY!! All others will be deleted.