Wednesday, January 14, 2009

SPRING CLEANING and THANK-YOU NOTES



The lovely picture at the left is about mid-way through the process of re-organizing my quilt casita. I had let it get messier and messier over the last month or so, and when I decided to straighten it up, I realized that what I REALLY needed to do was re-organize the whole thing. And you know how things always look a lot worse for awhile? Well, it did, for sure! But I finally have all the fabric sorted, and put away. My next step is to go through all of my UFO's, decide whether or not I really want to finish each one as planned (if I can remember what the plan is!)....or make a new plan!


The fun thing about going through your stash is...you find fabric you forgot you had, UFO's you forgot you had, and, best of all, inspiration blooms anew!

The other picture is of two thank-you notes that I have received recently from the families of two warriors that were presented with one of the Quilts of Valor that I made and sent to BAMC (Brooks Army Medical Center), specializing in amputations and burns. I just thought I'd pass on what they said:

"On behalf of my husband and I, we would like to say thank-you for the beautiful quilt. It means so much to us to see that people care for wounded soldiers. We appreciate your hard work and the time you took to make it. The quilt will be very useful and will help my husband keep warm and it will also serve as a reminder that he has many different people supporting him. Thank-you."

"I wanted to thank you for the wonderful quilt you made for my son. It is so beautiful and we appreciate all the hard work you put into the quilt. My mother makes quilts, and I have tried and failed, so your talent and work are admired. Thanks again."

To learn more about Quilts of Valor, click on the link on the right side of the page.

Todays Pearl of Wisdom:
A journey begins not with the first step but with the desire to go where you have never gone before.

3 comments:

  1. Kris, thank you for sharing your thank you notes. How nice. I know how hard you work on those quilts. Its nice to get a thankyou...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely way to promote Quilts of Valor. It's a great cause, and the quilts are so much appreciated!

    And good job on the organizing, too. I'm also in the progress of this, trying to get rid of about half of my magazine collecion - it's so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand the organizing situation! Mine got so bad I could barely walk to my machine...I've been working on reorganizing now for a few weeks. I think my husbands going to strangle me if I don't stop sewing and finish soon!

    ReplyDelete

ENGLISH ONLY!! All others will be deleted.