Sunday, January 18, 2009

SKULL QUILT FINISHED!


I finally finished the skull quilt! I really like the way it turned out! It's a "planned scrappy" quilt , with lots of different black and red prints. The back and the binding are a red washable satin, which I thought was very suitable for this theme. I just listed it in my Etsy shop, Bon Bons and More. Click this link to see more pictures and info - http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=19892736
Did you notice little Riley peeking at you from behind the chair? She's our rescued stray, and she has lived with us now for a little over a year. I'll talk more about her, and our other "kid", Spanky the Pug, another day.
I spent the day yesterday at my small quilt groups "Sew-In'. We get together in a large room at the library, chat A LOT, eat A LOT, and get A LITTLE sewing done! I did begin setting together a set of 16 UFO blocks I had uncovered last week during my re-organization in my quilt casita. I have quite a list of other UFO's, too. With the stash and UFO's in this room, I could make quilts for YEARS without buying much....probably wouldn't even need backing for quite awhile!
PEARLS OF WISDOM : When opportunity knocks, don't just stand there...Open the door!


2 comments:

  1. your skull quilt is really quite stunning...great color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that really turned out nice. I'm not into skulls, but the colours are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

ENGLISH ONLY!! All others will be deleted.