Tuesday, February 17, 2009

JUST FIGURED IT OUT!

Morning all!
Since starting this blog, it has been a little hit and miss....somedays I felt enthused and had something to write about, and some days I didn't. Last night, while Googling about blogs, I came across a very helpful post that helped me to figure out how I wanted to use this venue, and how to make it work for me. I want to be informative, helpful, and visually inspirational, all focused on beautiful fabrics, and ways to use them! I truly believe that fabric is art...sometimes I just want to hang up a yard of it and just look at it, for its own untouched beauty.
My number one favorite way to use fabric is, of course, quilts. But I also love finding other fun ways to show it off.
From now on, I will be announcing my new fabrics here, and will come up with ways to use it....quilts, potholders, and more. I'll give you the plan and, sometimes the pattern, the work-in-progress, and, of course, the finished product. In some cases, I'll have to use some of my personal stash in a project, which is something any respectable quilter has....right!!
So I hope this will be as fun for you as it will be for me. My first project needs to be figured out, so in my next post I will be announcing the first project!
By the way, I ordered a new tool...an Accucut fabric cutter, and it should be arriving in a few days. With this tool, I'll be able to cut 5" charm squares, and 2.5" strips of any of my fabrics. To see my current fabrics, click on the Fabric ala Carte link on the right side of the page.
P.S. The picture above is my One-Eyed One-Horned Flying Purple People Eater monster....he's all ready to fly into your home! Click here to read more about him... http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21028573

2 comments:

  1. I know how ya feel about being enthused to post. It is helpful when you have something beneficial to share with your audiences...I look at it that way anyway. Enjoy your Accucut- I just got one too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little monster! Your pics look good....

    ReplyDelete

ENGLISH ONLY!! All others will be deleted.