Friday, February 13, 2009

TGIF !

Today, I plan on working on a few different UFO's :

The picture to the right are blocks that I had sewn together last month while visiting my sister, and am finally going to sew them all together today. The background fabrics were originally purchased for little girls dresses to sell, but I have decided to make quilts instead.







The picture on the left is a baby quilt and its yellow flannel backing, all ready to pin on the
longarm frame. I'm continuing to quilt and bind all of the tops I have in a huge box, waiting patiently under my quilt machine frame. It will feel so good to get caught up on them! But since I'm always starting a new one, I don't know if I'll ever get caught up!




The guy at the right is my newest 'Lil Monster - a One-Eyed One-Horned Flying Purple People Eater! Of course, this is just his front half. He's made with felted Pendelton wool, and vintage buttons, with some hand embroidery. He still needs some added embellishments....
I don't need to think about making dinner tonight....my rule is "Friday night is take-out night"....
So I have all day to just create in my casita!

I ordered an Accucut cutter yesterday! It should arrive early next week, and I'll start cutting my new fabrics in my Etsy fabric store into jelly rolls and charm squares. Can't wait!




1 comment:

  1. love your new creations! Always fun to see works in progress!

    ReplyDelete

ENGLISH ONLY!! All others will be deleted.