Thursday, March 5, 2009

LEFTOVERS!


A few days ago, I talked about using the leftover strips from the "Window Panes" quilt. I decided on a simple design for a small quilt.
I sewed the leftover strips together in sets of 2, and then cut them into 6" sections. I then sewed enough of them together to make 3 sections, 6" wide x 51" long. Of course, you can make yours in a different configuration if you like. My plan is to add 6" sashing between each strip, and as a border on each long side. The length is already good, so I'm not going to add borders on the top or bottom. I plan on using the same white-on-white fabric that I used on the "Window Panes" quilt.
Speaking of that quilt, I still have not been able to pin it on my longarm frame. Hopefully in the next few days!

5 comments:

  1. great way to use up 'scraps'...I'm excited to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will be so cute! I love chinese coins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh!Such pretty fabrics, what a great way to use the scraps. I'm always trying to find ways to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to whip up a quick quilt.
    You're quite the pro.

    ReplyDelete

ENGLISH ONLY!! All others will be deleted.