Monday, March 2, 2009

SASHINGS AND BORDER ARE ON!




This weekend, I was able to add the sashing and borders to the "Window Panes" quilt. I chose a white-on-white print. I cut the sashing at 2.5" wide, the same width as I used in the blocks. The border was cut at 4.5", to give it a nice frame. The finished top size is 62.5" x 62.5". Of course, the next step will be the longarm quilting, which I may not get to until next week as I have another quilt on the frame right now.

I'm also thinking up a project to use the strip sections that were left over. Some possibilities...a baby quilt or a table runner. Check back in a couple days to see what I've decided on.

Also, don't forget to visit the latest Etsy - Quiltsy Team Seller I've featured....look on the right side of the page for the latest link. My Quiltsy Team is a bunch of very talented people, with a seemingly endless list of inventive, beautifully made items that they have created. I change out the featured seller weekly.

5 comments:

  1. The blocks really pop with the white sashing. Looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun quilt! I love all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see it quilted...love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I forgot to tell you SewHappy is DownHome Designs. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute and bright. Great job Kris!

    ReplyDelete

ENGLISH ONLY!! All others will be deleted.