Tuesday, April 28, 2009

MY LATEST QUILT IDEA - BIG BLOCK QUILTS!

I had a bit of a brain storm a couple days ago. Well, actually not completely mine...I was browsing old quilt magazines and books, and came across a quilt made like this one. Its actually a quilt block made with extra large pieces - in this case, an 8 pointed star. This top measures about 49" x 49". It got me to thinking that this is a great way to make a very quick quilt! This one went together very fast! So...I've been looking at my block books, and finding other block designs that will translate to this idea nicely. I've found one that I've decided to try next, using my newest cowboy fabrics I just listed in Fabric ala Carte - http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6772323

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic Idea ~ sounds like fun and looks wonderful. I also tried something quicker but then started adding some appliques... oh boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I did one of those (exact same 8 point star) as a last minute baby gift for a baby that was born unexpectedly on my brithday...it was a big hit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute Kris! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

ENGLISH ONLY!! All others will be deleted.