Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"THE SMALLEST FELINE...."


"The smallest feline is a masterpiece." Leonardo da Vinci
Morning! Last night, I just HAD to work on my latest idea. Actually the idea has been floating around in my brain for awhile, and I've been gathering thoughts and techniques together until I decided to JUST DO IT! Anyway, this is my first "QUILTED QUOTATIONS" collage quilt.
The picture is from a greeting card, which I printed onto fabric. The quote is also printed on fabric. I played with bits of stuff from my stash until I liked the arrangement, then stitched it all down. The rose bouquet appliques, the lace, and the button are all vintage. It is a small quilt, with 3 layers. It is all raw edge, so should never be washed. There is a small plastic ring sewn on the back for hanging. Click here to look at more pictures - http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=26916972
I have a million ideas for more of these....they are so fun! But, guess what! I can do a custom one for you! Do you have a photo of a loved grandmother, or a pet, etc. that you would like made into one of these sweet little quilts? Or how about a wedding picture or new baby picture? Any photo or printed material can be transferred to fabric. Email me! foxyquilts@yahoo.com
Don't forget to play my blog game, TREASURE HUNT >>>>>

No comments:

Post a Comment

ENGLISH ONLY!! All others will be deleted.