Tuesday, August 11, 2009

MY SECOND FABRIC ART COLLAGE

The last few days, I have been working on this little piece. The idea of fabric collage has been abiding in my creative brain for quite awhile, but there are so many techniques and beautiful things to use, that I was a bit confused about it. I am slowly finding fun ways to pull together an artful scene.
My favorite technique is printing pictures on fabric, like the fish in this piece, and combining it with other bits of fabric, beads, yarn...whatever is handy that calls out to me!
I like the idea I had this time of enclosing a piece of heavy cardboard in the center for stability. So...although the scene is a small quilt, and has a backing fabric, the cardboard gives it the ability to be displayed on an easel, or it can be framed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ENGLISH ONLY!! All others will be deleted.