Monday, January 11, 2010

FIRST COMPLETED UFO!



My first completed UFO! It was a FUN block to make, and has so many possibilities!
For the first try, I just made a smallish quilt...great for a baby, a throw, table topper, or wall hanging.
I used a polyester washable sating on the back, in a pastel pink. The picture of the back shows the quilting I did on it...an echoed heart.
I have started setting the blocks together on my "Patch of Blue" UFO.
And I also pulled a top from the "Tops" box to pin on my longarm.
I did have to stop at Joanns today, though, for backing fabric for it.
It's so sad!!
I have over 125 bolts of fabric, and 2 huge stacks of stash big enough for a back, and none of them were "right"!


2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling. I have been looking for a back and I still haven't found the "just right" one yet.

    It does however give us an excuse to go into the fabric stores. Hum maybe that's why I haven't found that backing yet.

    ReplyDelete

ENGLISH ONLY!! All others will be deleted.