Monday, February 15, 2010

DONATE A "QUILT OF VALOR" BLOCK!

I've had this idea for a while, and am just getting it going...
I've mentioned Quilts of Valor previously a few times.
In short, its an organization that gives quilts to wounded warriors from the wars going on right now.
For full information about it, you can go to its website - http://www.qovf.org/
I have made numerous quilts for this cause, and have a favorite place to send them...
Brooks Army Medical Center in San Antonio, TX.
So, to get on with my idea....
I thought it would be fun to gather donated blocks for a QOV (Quilt of Valor).
Would you like to help by donating a block?
If so, here is what I would like...
USE 100% COTTON FABRIC!
  1. Use any block design you want.
  2. The finished block will be 12" finished (so it should measure at least 12.5" when you send it)
  3. Use any combination of red, white, and blue in your block.
  4. Email me at foxyquilts@yahoo.com when you're ready to mail it.
  5. Please send them to me by April 15th, which will be the drawing date for the fabric.
For each block you send, your name will go into a drawing for a free yard of fabric of your choice from my fabric shop, Fabric ala Carte.

Depending on how many are received, I will make as many quilts as I can. (It will take 20 blocks per quilt.) I will set the blocks together, add batting and backing, longarm machine quilt them, and send to BAMC. In fact, I might even deliver them in person as I will be visiting relatives in San Antonio in May sometime.
Disclaimer: If any of the blocks received don't meet the above requirements, they may not be used.
Please comment or email me if you have questions.

2 comments:

ENGLISH ONLY!! All others will be deleted.