Thursday, February 11, 2010

WACKY BLOCK QUILT #1 IN BLUES

A couple weeks ago, I posted this picture of my blue wacky blocks.
By the way, I just gave them the name "Wacky Blocks"...a combination of string and crumbs.
My plan was to just sew them all together into one big wacky block quilt.
But I had an idea to use them a bit differently....
I think this design is much more interesting....
Its not so busy...
Your eyes have some resting areas...
Each block stands out on its own a little more
It has a much more contemporary, geometric look.
But I also see a little bit of the Gee's Bend quilts look to it.
So....this is a UFO finished, and moved to my Tops to Quilt UFO list!


1 comment:

  1. Ohhh! I love this combination! Looks like it was fun to do!

    ReplyDelete

ENGLISH ONLY!! All others will be deleted.