Tuesday, April 6, 2010

CAN YOU REPURPOSE?

I love to browse the nearby thrift store,
and I come across wonderful bed sheets all the time.
So I'm always trying to figure out what to do with that nice, big piece of fabric!
Last week, I was digging around in the kitchen drawer,
and came across an old, ugly BBQ apron that had seen better days.
But it was exactly the style I wanted. So...
I took out all of the edge hems, pressed it, and used it as a pattern to cut a new apron.
I used a springy printed sheet (from Pottery Barn, no less!)
and added a bit of a new fabric print for accents.
Voila!
A cute apron, from a repurposed sheet!

1 comment:

  1. This is really cute...I will have to show you my little bags Im making from pillow cases...I have only one done, but no photos...also making wall sconces from those old ugly wooden candle sconces..and beautiful vintage plates ...will post on my blog, maybe even tomorrow...we are so creative..must be in the genes..it all started with those darn potholders!

    ReplyDelete

ENGLISH ONLY!! All others will be deleted.