Monday, May 3, 2010

INSPIRATIONAL SPRING CLEANING

SOMERSET COTTAGE ~ 5" SQUARES
I used these to make a quick baby quilt yesterday.


I haven't had a lot of motivation recently to make any new creations for my gift shop,
Bon Bons and More. I just didn't feel inspired.

This week-end, I looked around my quilt casita, and thought
"What a mess!"
and realized it was time to clean up.

So I started on one end, and worked until I was at the other end...
  1. I had things to toss in the wastebasket
  2. Projects to decide if I wanted to continue or not
  3. Lots of dusting
  4. Invoices to file
  5. Sales reports to complete
  6. And LOTS of fabric to sort out and refile in its own box or drawer
When I was finished, I felt SO GOOD!
And I found that I had also come across some
MOTIVATION and INSPIRATION!

Yesterday, I finished a lap quilt top,
put together an easy baby quilt,
and cut squares for two more baby quilts!

Hopefully, I will get the baby quilts finished soon, and will of course show them off!

But I'd love to know what kinds of things do you do to get yourself
MOTIVATED and INSPIRED?
Let me know in a comment!

1 comment:

  1. I think when I need motivation I too clean out my work space and it helps me think more clearly about where I want to be and what steps to take to get there.

    ReplyDelete

ENGLISH ONLY!! All others will be deleted.