Monday, October 11, 2010

BUSINESS CARDS FROM CEREAL BOXES

MAKE YOUR OWN "GREEN" BUSINESS CARDS

I was browsing around on YouTube yesterday, and found this cool video - 
I loved the idea because I love to recycle, repurpose, and reuse.  
So this morning I put the idea to work for me.  I had to do mine a little different.  
I don't have a rubber stamp with my business info on it, and I'm too impatient to wait for one!  
I do have a template in my computer for business cards, so I created the text for my new "green" cards. 
I had some fun printed copy paper laying around, so printed off just one sheet.  
I had finished off a box of cereal this morning, so I had the cardboard ready!  
 Once I had the box opened and trimmed, I sprayed the plain side of one piece of cardboard with spray adhesive, and applied the printed sheet.  
Then I just used my quilting ruler and a rotary cutter (designated for paper) to cut my cards apart.  
They are very sturdy, didn't take much time to make, and are very memorable! 
The picture shows the front and the back of some of the cards.
Once you start, you'll have all sorts of ideas for what boxes to recycle, and even what paper you can recycle to print your info on.
Let me know if you try it out!

4 comments:

  1. Chris
    That is a wonderful idea. Love your business cards. I want to try that out.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun idea! Im going to try it too!

    ReplyDelete

ENGLISH ONLY!! All others will be deleted.