Wednesday, February 9, 2011

INCREASE IN COTTON PRICES EXPLAINED


Most of you have probably heard rumors that our precious cotton quilt fabrics will soon cost us more.  Guess what...they are not rumors!  Cost more??? I know, huh! 
And it has finally happened in the last few months.  Of course, there are many explanations and reasons.  
Go to this link to read a great article from 
with statements from many of the top fabric brands as to why they have had to relent and increase their fabric prices.

As the middle man here, since I buy fabric wholsesale to sell to you, my customers, I also will have to increase my prices.  Believe me, I hate to do it! 
Up until this last week, my wholesale prices have stayed pretty steady.  But I just placed a new order for Kaffe Fassett prints from Westminster, and the prices have increased enough for me to have to increase my price on them, too.

Right now, I have many fabrics in my shops that will continue to be offered at the "old" prices.  I will only increase the prices on the fabrics that I have had to pay increased wholesale prices on.

My advice to you fabric addicts...some of the older designs and groups at the "old" prices will start looking better and better to everyone, so if you see something you like, snap it up!

I'd love to know your thoughts about it!

1 comment:

  1. Great explanation. It has been hard to raise my prices on my finished items. I was afriad that it would scare away customers but thankfully it has not. I think most people are aware that prices have increased on just about everything.

    ReplyDelete

ENGLISH ONLY!! All others will be deleted.