Saturday, May 21, 2011

COUPON REPORT & TIPS

My total coupon savings this last week are:
Regular Price - $64.57
Sale Price - $50.69
Coupons - $17.14
Final Price - $33.55
Savings - 48% off of the regular price; 34% off of the sale price

Have you started thinking about using coupons?  If you've seen the show on TV, "Extreme Couponing", you know you can save LOTS of money...you can even get many items for free!

I also think the TV show is a bit over the top, however....it can be a bit overwhelming, especially when you see their "stockpiles".  The idea of a stockpile is to buy enough to last your family for 2-3 months at a time when you can get an item at a very low price or even free.  That way, you won't have to buy more until it goes on a good sale again, which manufacturers do every 2-3 months.  The people on the show, however, seem to have a real hoarding problem....way more than they need for  a LONG time!  Some of the show participants buy huge quantities with the express purpose of donating it to different charities, such as your local food bank.  I think that is a wonderful idea, and one that I plan on doing as soon as I have a nice coupon stash.

Since I started on this quest, I've browsed many blogs that will give you so much information.  Just start reading all you can about how others do it, and you'll start getting the hang of it.  Here are a few of the blogs I like:
Couponmom.com
LivingWellSpendingLess.com
krazycouponlady.com
couponing101.com
thefrugalfind.com
livingonacoupon.com

I'd love any questions or comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ENGLISH ONLY!! All others will be deleted.