Friday, November 7, 2014

Before & After

We purchased our present home in May of this year.  The day we first saw it, we didn't think we were really ready to buy.  But when John and I walked out of the open house, we both looked at each other and said "I could live in this house."  We made an offer that evening, and it became ours!

Even though the layout was perfect for us, we knew right off the bat we wanted to make "a few" updates.  As you know, if you have ever done updates to a house, the word few does not apply.

So far, we have only worked in the kitchen (pretty much).  We got rid of almost everything in there - appliances, counter tops, sink, floor, and ceiling light fixtures.  I'll try to show you just a few before and after pictures....
 Original appliances, counter, and paint

New granite counter top and sink being installed

New backsplash

This shows the new appliances, but in the process of getting rid of the ugly recessed flourescent ceiling light.  We did keep the original cabinets.

The after shot of the new lighting.  I got this idea from Pinterest!

The new flooring (I guess I don't have a before pic of the original floor)

It's been a lot of hard work, but a lot of fun seeing it come together.  I don't know how many nights I spent browsing Pinterest for ideas....and I used a lot of the ideas I found there. I still have a few last touch ups to do, and hope to finish this week-end.  Then....on to the guest bathroom (see below...this was the previous owners deco job...not mine!  I couldn't believe the lava lamp! )



4 comments:

  1. Love what you did with adding the barrel chandelier in the kitchen. I've always hated boring florescent lights, they're so dated. Stainless steel appliances is always a good choice for the kitchen, and it goes well with all cabinets--such as your lovely white cabinets!

    ReplyDelete

ENGLISH ONLY!! All others will be deleted.