Thursday, January 8, 2015

Hot Soup for a Cold Day!

It has been so darn cold here!  So when I spotted this recipe on Pinterest a few days ago, I had to make it right away.


And believe me, it is absolutely delicious!  I have had a big bowl every day for the last 3 days!
The other great thing is - it's a crock pot soup!

I did make a few changes in the original recipe, just trying to cut back on calories (plus, I didn't have any half & half!) -
  • I used a quart jar of our own canned tomatoes
  • I made half of the amount of roux, but now think it would be ok to make the whole amount...either way would be good
  • I only used about 1/2 c. of 1% milk instead of half &half
  • I only used about 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
Let me know if you try it!

Hey!........take a look at my Pinterest boards!

3 comments:

  1. It looks delicious! I've been using the crock pot this week too, but to make shredded spiced chicken for tacos. Crock pots for the win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy! I love soups! And crock pot recipes on cold winter days. My last crock meal was chicken taco soup. :)

    ReplyDelete

ENGLISH ONLY!! All others will be deleted.